Experience a riveting historical journey that traces the beginning and end of WWII with visits to two legendary battleships: the USS Arizona Memorial and Battleship Missouri Memorial.
Battleships of World War II departing Kahului, Maui
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
- Infant Ages 0-2
Visit Two Legendary Battleships
Fly from Kahului Airport, Maui to Oahu for the one-day inter-island Battleships of World War II Tour at Pearl Harbor. This riveting historical tour traces the beginning and end of WWII with visits to two legendary battleships: the USS Arizona Memorial and Battleship Missouri Memorial.
- Visit Pearl Harbor Historic Sites
- Experience the moving USS Arizona Memorial
- View “The Black Tears” of the Arizona
- Stand on the Surrender Deck of the “Mighty Mo” – the USS Missouri Battleship
- Witness the USS Oklahoma Memorial
- Tour World War II museums and exhibits
- Historic Downtown Honolulu
- Iolani Palace – Built by Hawaii’s Last King
- Aliiolani Hale – As Seen on Hawaii Five-O
- King Kamehameha the Great Statue – The Ruler Who United the Hawaiian Islands
This tour is also available Departing from:
Battleships of WWII at Pearl Harbor Tour departing Waikiki Oahu Hotels
About Your Tour
Join us on a powerful historic journey starting with the surprise Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor December 7, 1941 that catapulted the U.S. into World War II and culminating with the September 2, 1945 surrender that ended the global conflict. Book your tickets now and explore the Pearl Harbor Battleship tour in Oahu.
En-route to Pearl Harbor, our expert guide will recount the pivotal events leading up to the early morning aerial bombardment. Upon arrival at Pearl Harbor, you’ll begin with the USS Arizona Memorial Experience. Learn about the 1,177 seamen who tragically perished when the USS Arizona was bombed and sank within minutes in the 23-minute documentary featuring original archival footage. Imagine what that morning was like for these sailors as you cross the harbor to the Memorial on a Navy vessel. As you step aboard the USS Arizona Memorial, you’ll notice an air of quiet contemplation and honor. You are standing over the sunken battleship, the final resting place of these fallen heroes. Pay your respects to these brave seamen in the Shrine Room where their names and ranks are etched in marble. And look into the harbor where oil drops – “Black Tears of the Arizona” – continue to rise to the surface from the hull after nearly 80 years.
Our tour next proceeds to the USS Missouri – “The Mighty Mo.” Stand on the deck where the Japanese formally surrendered on September 2, 1945 while the ship was in Tokyo Bay, Japan, bringing WWII to its final close. Be amazed by the massive guns capable of firing shells over 20 miles and learn the story of the dent caused by a crashing Kamikaze pilot.
After your Pearl Harbor visit, we continue to Historic Downtown Honolulu. Your guide will reveal fascinating stories about Hawaii’s royal family while showing you historic architectural landmarks associated with the islands’ time as a kingdom: Iolani Palace, Kawaiahao Church, King Kamehameha the Great Statue, and Aliiolani Hale.
Few experiences can compare to the Battleships of World War II at Pearl Harbor. Make this part of your Oahu vacation. Book your tour today and make sure to add battleship in Pearl Harbor in your ‘Must Visit List’.
DEPARTURE & RETURN TIMES
Depart 6:25 am* | Return: 1:30 pm*
Depart: 9:10 am*| Return: 4:30 pm*
Depart: 11:35 am* |Return: 6:30 pm*
*All times are approximate
- Round trip Waikiki hotel transportation
- Admission and tickets
- Government-issued identification for access to Ford Island
- Shirt and footwear required. No swim wear.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Purses and bags are not allowed inside Pearl Harbor Historic Parks due to security precautions.
- All bags may be stored for a nominal fee at the entrance to the Park.
- The 23-documentary film contains content that may be emotional for some visitors.
- The USS Arizona Memorial experience features a 10-15 Navy vessel ride to the Memorial.
- The USS Missouri features a two-story flight of stairs onto the deck. There are also two elevators on the entry Brow.
- Ladders are steep and handholds can be difficult.
- Visitors should be able to walk four city blocks.
- Sites are subject to close due to stormy weather.
- Locations visited: WWII Valor in the Pacific Monument, Pearl Harbor, Ford Island, Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri, Honolulu
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Time Spent at Memorials: Arizona Memorial: 2 hours; Battleship Missouri: 2 hours
Changes and cancellations are allowed up to 48 hours prior to tour commencement without penalty. No-shows and changes or cancellations within 48 hours are subject to a full charge. No refunds are available once a tour has commenced.
We cannot be held responsible for and cannot extend financial reimbursement for delays caused by factors such as traffic, weather, mechanical issues, or problems concerning Navy-operated shuttle boats. Ticketed access to the Arizona Memorial is first-come first-served, we cannot guarantee admission and cannot issue refunds if access to any tour stop is denied for any reason.